Mera peak is the highest trekking peak to climb in Nepal. This climbing trip is for those climbers who dream and dare to achieve the sensation of standing on the summit of Himalayan peak. Technically, this peak is not difficult. The peak is classified for trekking and located in the Mahalangur Section .
Mera provides one of the optimum viewpoints in Nepal. The climber can see a panoramic view of Chamlanga, Makalu, Kangchenjunga, Makalu, and Baruntse in the east and peak of Chooyu, Ama Dablam and Kangtega to the west. Everest can be viewed to the north over the massive unclimbed south face of Lhotse and the Nuptse/Lhotse ridge. Mera Peak has one of the best parts, it is possible to climb the peak and descend back on the same day.
Elevation 6,476 m (21,247 ft)
Region Everest Region
Location Khumbu Himal, Sagarmatha, Nepal
Duration 19 days
Mountain range Himalayas Mahalarangegur Himal
Day 1 Arrival at Kathmandu
Day 2 Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trip preparation
Day 3 Fly to Lukla and 3-4 hrs treks to Paiya 2,730m (8954ft)
Day 4 5-6 hrs trek Paiya to Pangkoma 2,850m (93,48ft)
Day 5 4-5 hrs trek Pangkoma to Nigmsa 2,745m (90,003ft)
Day 6 7-8 hrs trek Nigmsa to Chetrakhola 3,150m (10332ft)
Day 7 6-7 hrs trek Chertakola to Kothe 3,600m (11808ft)
Day 8 3-4 hrs trek Kothe to Tangnang 4,350m (14270ft)
Day 9 (Acclimatization day) hiking to Charpate Himal glacier
Day 10 2-3 hrs trek Tangnang to Khare 5,045m (16,46ft)
Day 11 3-4 hrs trek khareto Mera Base Camp 5300m (17,384ft)
Day 12 4-5 hrs trek Mera Base Camp to High Camp 5,780m (18,958ft)
Day 13 8-9 hrs trek Mera High Camp to Summit 6,461m (21,1907ft)
Day 14 Reserve Day for Contingency
Day 15 4-5 trek khare to Kothe 3600m (11808ft)
Day 16 5-6 hrs trek Kothe to Thuli kharka
Day 17 6-7 hrs trek Thuli Kharka to Lukla
Day 18 Fly to Kathmandu
Day 19 Return Flight
• Pick up and drop.
• Tickets of bus and flights related to the package.
• Management of Accommodation and meals according to contract (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
• All taxes, medical supplies and all necessary paper works and national Park and Trekking permit.
• Well equipped English speaking guide and support crews.
• Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicles
• Tickets of bus and flights related to your trekking package.
• Except the things which are not explained in included parts
• Personal wedges, extra food and all kind of bottle drinks
• Trekking gear
• Climbing equipment
• Personal travel insurance
• Visa fee, international tickets and airport tax
• Tips for guides/porters