Panch Pokhari is a group of 5 holy lakes in the Sindhipalchok District of Nepal. It is 9th highest altitude wetland in the world. ‘Panch’ means five and Pokhari means the pond. In English, Panch Pokhari can be called as ‘Five Ponds’ which are the sacred ponds. This pond lie at the height of 4,100m from the sea level.
Panch Pokhari offers an excellent view of Himalaya and pristine nature with distinct culture is the attraction of the trek. Bhadra Purnima is the day of great importance here during which huge numbers of devotees visit here in traditional dresses.
We drive to Chautara (1410m) through the Kodari highway and the trek starts from Chautara to the Sano Okreni and make a circuit around Thulo Okreni and finally reach Panch Pokhari.
Location: Bhotang, Sindhupalchok
Surface: 4,100 m (13,500 ft)
Treks Day: 12
Feature: 9th highest altitude wetland in the world
Type: Camping trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350m, Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Maya's village Bhotenamlang. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 03: Trek to Kami Kharka. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 04: Chyo-Chyo Danda. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Hile Bhanjyang (3400m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Norshyang Pati (3700m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Paanch Pokhari (The Five Holy Lakes) 4100 m. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Descend to Nasimpati (3700m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Descend to Haveli
Day 10: Manekharka, arrive for lunch. Overnight stay.
Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu. Back to city luxury.
Day 12: Return flight.
• Pick up and drop.
• Tickets of bus and flights related to the package.
• Management of Accommodation and meals according to contract (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
• All taxes, medical supplies and all necessary paper works and national Park and Trekking permit.
• Well equipped English speaking guide and support crews.
• Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicles
• Tickets of bus and flights related to your trekking package.
• Except the things which are not explained in included parts
• Personal wedges, extra food and all kind of bottle drinks
• Trekking gear
• Climbing equipment
• Personal travel insurance
• Visa fee, international tickets and airport tax
• Tips for guides/porters